In this episode, Chris and Becca interview book marketing expert Kate Tilton on how to reach the elusive teen market. Generation Z readers are those born after 1993.
Show Notes & Links:
- Why Generation Z would buy Pepsi even when they believe Coke tastes better.
- Why teens need to believe in the brands (authors) they follow.
- Reasons why Generation Z flocks to YouTube (the Four Essential Freedoms from YouTube).
- Why Instagram photos need to be visually engaging first, message second.
- Why the social part of social media is most important to teens.
- Three tips to capture teen loyalty.
- Tips on marketing to the YA crossover audience (adults that read YA).
- How to overcome the content challenge of Instagram.
- How Booktubers influence the YA market.
- The fastest way to turn off a teen audience: try to talk like a teen.
Links (click 'em, they're live):
Connect With Kate:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/K8Tilton/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/K8Tilton
SMART Marketing For Authors Facebook Group (you’ll have to answer 3 questions to get in)